Logistics Coordinator -Freight Broker, Entry Level
JLE Logistics is an asset-based Transportation and Logistics management company specializing in flatbed transportation solutions across the USA and Canada. Through progressive technology investments and deeply ingrained service culture, we offer our clients unprecedented convenience, reliability, and cost efficiency. We built our business from the ground up, and through hard work and superior service, today we boast more than 300 power units, incredible staff members, loyal drivers, and established customers engaged in construction materials, oil and gas products, and steel. At JLE, we are Proudly Driven!
The Logistics Coordinator- is an entry-level role geared toward learning about the logistics industry. This entry level role will participate in a hands-on training program. The purpose of our program is to prepare the Logistics Coordinator to become self-sufficient, confident, and able to understand common industry practices, concepts, and regulations. Additionally, you will be trained in our operating systems and proprietary technologies.
- Learn each team's key responsibilities and workflow.
- Be able to manage the lifecycle of work orders within our operating systems:
- Load building.
- Appointment scheduling.
- Driver Track and Trace.
- Carrier outreach for capacity.
- Shipper outreach for freight.
- Negotiates rates with carriers and customers and exercise quick independent business judgment balancing profitability with customer needs.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Listen and communicate effectively with other non-driving staff; function as a liaison between Brokerage and other departments.
- Adapt personal work hours/schedule to accommodate Brokerage needs /and other demands of the position.
- Participate in risk management program implementations with the Safety Department and regularly vet third-party carriers.
- The drive to win and customer-focused!
College degree required B.A. or B.S. Sales experience preferred. Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines. Must be comfortable working within a fast paced, high energy environment. Must have the desire to win and compete, and the aptitude to be measured and meet performance goals.
JLE Industries offers an aggressive compensation package based on experience and education. Additionally, we offer company funded Health, Dental, and Company-Paid Vision Insurance. We also offer 401K,and $50,000 in Company-Paid Life Insurance.